I’m Alanah, and I predominantly write short stories and flash fiction. I have also dabbled in blogging writing tips for The Writing Cooperative.
My stories have won a few awards such as:
- Avid Readers Flash Fiction Competition – Winner – 22nd Century Jury
- Birdcatcher Books Short Story Award – Winner – Written in the Stars
- EJ Brady Short Story Competition – Longlisted – Edge
- F(r)iction Fall Literary Contest – Finalist – Outside Arcadia
- Hammond House International Literary Prize – Shortlisted – Transference
- Lane Cove Literary Awards – Shortlisted – Testimony
- Needle in the Hay ‘Hate & Coat Award’ – Longlisted – For Tommy
- Roswell Award – Finalist – The King Experience
- Sweek Go Explore Competition – Winner – On Monday she Travelled to India
- Sweekstars 2017 – Thriller & Horror – Nightly Visitor
- Sweekstars 2017 – Best story under 200 words – Secrets
- Sweekstars 2017 – Most addictive story – On Monday she Travelled to India
If you care about the formal things, I have a Bachelor of Arts (Professional Communication) from Monash University, where I specialised in writing. I also have a Master of Teaching from Deakin University.
My dream is to travel in a bus, write stories and teach English. Two out of three isn’t bad!